The spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has generated understandable concerns in our community. Please be assured that the health, safety, and well-being of our patients, staff members, and their families is our top priority.
In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Governor Cuomo’s mandates for New York State, our office will be closed for in-person services. As an alternative, we are offering contact-less, “curbside” services as well as remote support and telehealth services so that we can help minimize the spread of this virus while taking care of those in need of hearing health services. As always, we continue to take necessary precautions for sanitizing and infection control when handling patients’ hearing aids, including surface disinfectant, frequent hand-washing, and stringent usage of hand sanitizer and gloves.
Contact-less services include:
- Hearing aid clean & checks
- Computer-based hearing aid adjustments and reprogramming
- Hearing aid repairs
- Batteries and other supplies may be picked up (with call-ahead service), or mailed to patients.
- Initial fitting of new hearing aids (for those who are experienced hearing aid users)
Remote support and telehealth services include:
- Phone support to troubleshoot issues with hearing aids and/or charging
- Phone support for Bluetooth connectivity issues or questions
- Phone and email support for app connectivity and usage
- Phone and email support for scheduling, cancelling, or rescheduling appointments
- Computer-based hearing aid adjustments can be done remotely for patients wearing Phonak Marvel hearing aids who have a smartphone and the MyPhonak app
Services that require physical contact or cannot be performed at a distance of more than 6 feet from the patient will not be available until the CDC and NYS mandates are lifted. These services include: hearing tests, visual inspection of the ear, ear wax removal, earmold impressions, physical fit of hearing aids, or any other service requiring in-person contact.
We are accepting new patients, but due to the COVID-19 crisis, services are limited to those listed above. We are able to service hearing aids from the following manufacturers: Phonak, Oticon, Starkey, Signia, ReSound, Widex, and Sonic.
If you need to schedule, cancel, or reschedule an appointment, please contact us by phone at
(631) 360-4327 or by email at [email protected], and please check our website periodically for updates: www.hearsny.com. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us limit the spread of the coronavirus.
As always, thank you for allowing us to assist with your hearing healthcare needs. Be safe, stay healthy, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
For more information go to